We invite you to look over the opportunities below for you and your family to give of the gifts God has given.
Saint Vincent de Paul
St. Patrick, 415 4th Street, Sedalia
St. John the Evangelist, 30628 Hwy V. Smithton
Sacred Heart, 421 W 3rd Street, Sedalia
Masses are currently being live-streamed on our Facebook page which can be found by clicking HERE.
Daily Mass times are as follows:
6:30am St. Patrick & 8:00am Sacred Heart
8:00am Sacred Heart & 6:30pm St. Patrick (Spanish)
Thursday and Friday:
6:30am St. Patrick & 8:00am Sacred Heart
Weekend Mass Times:
4:00pm St. Patrick & 7:30pm St. John
8am & 10am Sacred Heart
9am (English) & 11:30am (Spanish) St. Patrick
- 5:00pm until 6:20pm weekly on Wednesday St. Patrick
- Saturday 9:00am until 11:00am Sacred Heart
- 1st Sunday 9am Sacred Heart
- 1st Sunday 10am St. Patrick
See this week's bulletin with information about parish and community events, news and a word from our Pastor.
Pillar of Prayer
- Adoration Chapel Holy Hour: Pray weekly for an hour before the Blessed Sacrament, either as a regular commitment or substitute (as needed)
- Altar Server: Serve as an assistant to the Priest during Mass. Youth and adults are welcome.
- Music/Cantor: Lead the music and hymns at Mass.
- Charismatic & Cursillo: Charismatic Renewal is an International Ecclesiastical Movement. Each person starts with a weekend experience and then continues on regular prayer and fellowship after the weekends. Cursillo is also a weekend experience that happens one weekend per year for men and another for women. From there, the community meets once a week for prayer, fellowship, sharing and singing.
- Music/Choir Member: Share your voice in one of our parish choirs.
- Church Cleaning: Assist in seasonal cleaning/disinfecting of the parish chapels.
- Church Decoration: Help decorate our chapels for the liturgical and temporal seasons.
- Communion Minister to Home bound: Offer the Liturgy of the Word with Communion at nursing homes and/or take communion to the home bound.
- Communion Minister/Weekend Masses: Communion ministers prayerfully serve the people of St. Vincent de Paul by distributing the Body and Blood of Christ during Mass. Occasionally assist with offering the Liturgy of the Word with Communion at nursing homes.
- Gift Bearers at Mass: Gift bearers bring the offering of bread, wine, and tithes to the altar, along with the prayers of the community. Great for families!
- Greeter: Welcome guests and parishioners with a smile! Open the doors, greet everyone, and offer direction to any guests. Great opportunity for families.
- Music/Instrumentalist for Mass: Share your musical talent with our community. Auxiliary instruments are welcome to accompany our choirs and/or cantors.
- Lector: Proclaim the Word of God at Mass. Usually the reader will proclaim the readings and will read the Prayers of the Faithful in the absence of a deacon.
- Linen Maintenance: Help with weekly washing/ironing of purificators, corporals, and towels.
- Live Stations of the Cross Volunteer: Takes place on Good Friday at 3pm outside of Saint Patrick Chapel. The organizers receive city permission to secure the streets around the chapel so that the Stations of the Cross could be enacted. The 14 stations are re-enacted as people walk and pray the stations of the cross. Needs include: actors, backdrops (assist in art and environment) and attending and praying the Stations of the Cross.
- Music/Organist/Pianist for Mass: Share your musical talent with our community. Organists and pianists are the main accompanists for our choirs and cantors, and play for events (weddings/funerals/prayer services) as available.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Novena: Gather for prayer, praise and fellowship to prepare for the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Come together to pray at these Novena evenings. Help set up, lead prayer, and clean up each night.
- Prayer Warrior: Participate in regular prayer for our parish, school and those in need of prayer. Great for families, home bound parishioners, and anyone wishing to grow closer to Jesus through intercessory prayer.
- SHS/Weekend Liturgy Team: Assist our campus minister by organizing designated students for their liturgical roles at weekend Masses. Confirm attendance, answer questions and ensure roles are filled.
- Usher: Help welcome and seat the congregation, take up the collection, hand out the bulletins, organize the church for the next Mass, and assist in the case of an emergency.
- Vestment Maintenance: Help with light sewing and washing of vestments as needed.
- Weekday Mass Ministry: Serve as Lector, Communion Minister, or Altar Server at any of our weekday Masses.
Pillar of Formation
- Men’s Bible Study: Men’s Bible Study meets on Saturday mornings at 8am.
- Bible Study (Wednesday mornings): This group of men and women meet at the Sacred Heart Parish Center on Wednesday mornings beginning around 9:30am (after daily Mass.)
- Women’s Bible Study: This ladies group meets on Thursday at 9:30am at the Sacred Heart Parish Center.
- Children’s Liturgy Teacher: During select Sunday Mass times (Sept-May), present the readings to young children (preschool-1st grade), and assist them in doing a worksheet. Rotate with other volunteers.
- Confirmation Team Member: Work with older youth preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation. Sept-May, working alongside other volunteers.
- PSR Teacher/Substitute: Teach our faith to children. Volunteers are assigned a single grade level to teach. Classes meet Sunday morning in the parish hall underneath St. Patrick’s Chapel, Sept-May.
- RCIA Sponsor: Journey alongside an adult being received into the Catholic Church. Attend meetings, pray with him/her, and engage in conversation about topics of our faith. By sharing your own faith, your relationship with God is also renewed and deepened.
- RCIA Team Member: RCIA is the process by which adults who are interested in becoming Catholic journey toward full communion into the Catholic Church. Assist the team leaders with conversation and faith sharing.
- Totus Tuus Volunteer: Help with our summer vacation catechesis called Totus Tuus. Youth grades 1-12 are able to participate and volunteers are needed to help with snacks, organization, meals for our missionaries, and other adventures!
Pillar of Service
- Angel Tree Volunteer: Take a tag off of the Angel/Advent Tree and purchase the items mentioned, which will be given to a family at Christmas time. Volunteers are needed to purchase gifts and to deliver items to families before Christmas.
- Chaperone: Accompany students on trips for spiritual enrichment, grades 7-12, including overnights.
- Clerical Help: Mailings, Bulletins, Copy, cut, fold, and/or staple for teachers/classrooms and events, or help with mailings.
- Collection Counter: Assist in counting weekend collections. This takes about two hours and is done Sunday or Mondays. Teams work once a month.
- Commission/Christian Formation
- Commission/Liturgy/Worship & Spiritual Life: The Liturgy commission plans and provides for the spiritual formation of each member of the community through liturgies, days of prayer and spiritual renewal, and the development of other programs that encourage our community to know, love and serve our Lord.
- Commission/Social Concerns: Members work to identify the social issues and human needs in the parish and community, and to establish priorities in committing resources of time, money, and personnel
- Commission/Stewardship: As disciples, stewardship is a response to God. The stewardship committee assists the pastor and Pastoral Council in facilitating and fostering the stewardship formation process throughout the parish. Members help to form pathways that invite, involve and engage parishioners into the stewardship way of life.
- Committee/Maintenance: Assist pastors in matters of facility maintenance on parish buildings.
- Council/Pastoral Council: A consultative board who advises and supports the pastors of our parish. Members also act as a liaison to other leadership groups within the parish and report on their activities to the Council.
- Council/Parish Finance: Assist pastors in parish financial matters.
Daughters of Isabella: The largest Catholic women’s organization, members encourage each other’s total development and foster growth of every aspect of life -- spiritual, social and charitable -- adding up to a more fulfilling life.
- Event Helper: Assist with various parish and school events. Help set up/tear down, decorate, serve guests, and any other needs.
- Facilities/Cleaning Parish/School: Participate in a weekly rotation of volunteers to clean the school.
- Facilities/Grounds keeping: The beauty of nature is attractive to many and good for the soul. Use your green thumb to tend to the landscaping around our beautiful campus.
Facilities/Maintenance Team: Our chapels and school have been in existence since the 1800s. Their beauty is recognized throughout the state. With your help, we can keep St. Vincent de Paul the jewel of Pettis County.
- Facilities/Painting: Leave your mark with a paintbrush. No artistic skills are required. Just a willingness to use a brush.
- Facilities/Repair/Improvement: Bring your DIY attitude to bring TLC to our historic grounds for current and future generations.
- Facilities/Snow Removal: Bring your shovel or snow plow and help remove snow from the parish and school grounds.
- Health Ministry: This group provides activities and information for the physical, social, mental and spiritual health of our parish community.
- Knights of Columbus: Join Catholic men of faith and of charitable action. Knights and their families participate in a variety of activities that deepen their faith, promote the new evangelization, and strengthen parish life.
- Parish Thanksgiving Dinner: A long-standing tradition to serve those in need of a meal on Thanksgiving by serve, preparing and delivering meals to those in need of a hearty meal and a friendly smile. Be a pumpkin pie and join us!
- Pro-Life Volunteer: Be a voice for the most vulnerable. Join us in events that help educate and inform others on life issues and policies.
- Professional Consultant: When the need arises, lend your professional expertise in your targeted subject matter, such as, strategic planning, medical, finance, business, marketing, HR, and technology.
- SCRIP Helper: Assist SCRIP Coordinator with developing advertising to parishioners and school families; help secure more local businesses to participate in the SCRIP program.
- SHS/Active Parents Club Member (APC): Assist with planning of various school events, fundraising, and meeting the requests of teachers.
- SHS/Adopt-An-Artist Coordinator: Coordinate curriculum and teachers, making sure that all applicable grade levels have a teacher. Co-teach when needed.
- SHS/Adopt-An-Artist Teacher: Teach K-8 students (one volunteer per grade level) about a particular artist and help students with projects in the style of the chosen artist.
- SHS/APC Ad Coordinator for Sports Programs: Solicit advertisers for the sports programs, assist with program design
- SHS/APC Discount Cards Coordinator: Secure businesses to be on the cards (free to businesses), tracking purchases/return of money and unsold cards by students.
- SHS/Art Room Assistant: Help teacher and students with clay, embroidery, weaving, card making, and decorating school windows.
- SHS/Bus Driver (CDL required): Drive the school bus for field trips, sporting events, or the Warrensburg route before and after school. CDL with bus endorsement required.
- SHS/Concert Set-up help: Set up chairs and stands for the band and complete other helpful tasks prior to each all-school music concert. Help Tear-down after the concerts and clean up.
- SHS/Hospitality Committee (APC): Coordinate lunch for teacher in-service days, dinner for teachers during P/T Conferences, Back-to-School Breakfast.
- SHS/Internship Coordinator: Assist school counselor with placing junior class in internships.
- SHS/Kids Club Assistant: Help a teacher in Kids Clubs after school. Programs run 10 weeks, immediately after school on either Tuesday or Thursday.
- SHS/Mystery Reader: Read a book to elementary students. The identity of the reader is a surprise to the children, hence the mystery!
Pillar of Hospitality
- Bereavement Outreach Volunteer: Send correspondence and reach out to families who have lost loved ones.
- Coffee Bar Host: Provide opportunities for fellowship by helping to serve coffee and donuts after Mass. It’s a great way grab a sweet treat and connect with friends and meet new ones.
- Dinner Auction and Bazaar Volunteer: The Bazaar Dinner Auction is held in October each year. This event consists of a social hour, dinner, silent auction, live auction and raffles. Volunteers are needed for solicitations, decorations, setup, cleanup, help during the event, and more.
- Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe Volunteer: Assist in helping with music, lead rosary, assist at Mass, act or assist in the play, participate in the celebrations.
- Funeral Dinner Food Provider: One of the most rewarding ministries we offer to our parish community is funeral luncheons. Meals are needed throughout the year and are based on each member’s availability.
- Funeral Dinner Server: Your service to set up, clean, and serve at a funeral luncheon allows families a place to come together to support each other and honor the life of their loved ones in a casual and welcoming environment.
- Ham & Bean Dinner for Vocations Volunteer: Welcome to the tradition of serving a hearty bowl of Ham and Beans in support of vocations. This dinner is held every February. Volunteers are needed to help cook, serve food, clean tables, and work the Country Store.
- Health Ministry Team: This group provides activities/information for the physical, social, mental and spiritual health of the parish community.
- Ice Cream Social Volunteer: St. John the Evangelist Chapel hosts an ice cream social every June. The event includes bingo, children games, hot dogs, chili, ice cream, and cake.
- Las Posadas Host Family: Las Posadas is a reenactment of Mary and Joseph not finding a room for the birth of Jesus. One family each night hosts people to come to their home. There is a short prayer service and then food, drink, and fellowship offered after the short prayer service. Needs include: hosting an evening, providing some food for a neighbor who is hosting, attend Las Posadas.
- Meal Provider: New Parents, Sick, School Events: For those times in life when filling their table will warm their hearts. Meals can be provided at times that work best with your schedule.
- Parish Picnic Volunteer: The benefits of a parish picnic last far beyond a single day of warm weather, great food and smiling faces. If you enjoy organizing get-togethers, please consider join us for a parish gathering that is bound to build relationships and fellowship.
- Phone Volunteer: Be a friendly voice on the other end of the line to home-bound parishioners. Call on church community members to inform them of volunteer opportunities throughout the year, such as funeral dinners, and other various needs.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: This crochet and knitting group meets twice monthly. Shawls are made and given to those who are elderly or ill.
- SHS: APC - Social Event Coordinator: Organize events such as Trunk-or-Treat and family game or movie nights.