Non Parishioner Volunteer Opportunities
School families play in important role in continue the growth of our parish family.
We invite ALL school families to give of their time and talents.
Below are a number of opportunities available for you to choose from.
- Active Parents Club Member: Assist with planning of various school events, fundraising, and meeting the requests of teachers
- Adopt-An-Artist Coordinator: Coordinate curriculum and teachers, making sure that all applicable grade levels have a teacher. Co-teach when needed
- Adopt-An-Artist Teacher: Teach K-8 students (one volunteer per grade level) about a partiular artist and help students with projects in the style of the chosen artist.
- Advertising Coordinator for Sports Programs (APC): Solicit advertisers for the sports programs, assist with program design
- Art Room Assistant: Help teacher and students with clay, embroidery, weaving, card making, and decorating school windows.
- Booster Club Member: Help make decisions for the athletic needs of our students and coaches
- Bus Driver: Drive the school bus for field trips, sporting events, or the Warrensburg route before and after school. CDL with bus endorsement required.
- Chaperone: Accompany students on trips for spiritual enrichment, grades 7-12, including overnights.
- Clerical Help: Copy, cut, fold, and/or staple for teachers/classrooms and events, or help with mailings
- Concert Set-up Help: Set up chairs and stands for the band and complete other helpful tasks prior to each all-school music concert. Help Tear-down after the concerts and clean up.
- Concession Stand Coordinator: Work alongside booster club president to learn how to order concessions, clean the stand, and safely serve snacks during games and events at the school.
- Construction: Help with repair/maintenance of the school building, assist with set building for the school play/musical
- Discount Cards Coordinator (APC): Secure businesses to be on the cards (free to businesses), tracking purchases/return of money and unsold cards by students.
- Event Helper: Check-in guests, serve dinner, wash dishes, set-up/tear down, decorate
- Facilities-Cleaning/Disinfecting the School: Participate in a weekly rotation of volunteers to clean the school.
- Facilities-Grounds keeping: Help with the playground, flower beds, and other exterior tasks.
- Facilities-Maintenance: Participate in routine maintenance of the school building. Experienced painters, plumbers, electricians, contraction workers
- Facilities-Snow Removal: Help with snow removal
- Fundraising Committee Member: Raising funds for the spiritual activities of our students (i.e. March for Life, retreats, transportation, t-shirts, etc.)
- Hospitality Committee (APC): Coordinate lunch for teacher in-service days, dinner for teachers during P/T Conferences, Back-to-School Breakfast.
- Internship Coordinator: Assist school counselor with placing junior class in internships.
- Kids Club Assistant: Help a teacher in Kids Clubs after school. Programs run 10 weeks, immediately after school on either Tuesday or Thursday.
- Mystery Reader: Read a book to elementary students. The identity of the reader is a surprise to the children, hence the mystery!
- Provide a Meal: Prepare a dish to share with school teachers, speech meet, parent teacher conferences, or other events- appetizers, a crock pot of soup or chili, a plate of cookies
- SCRIP Helper: Assist SCRIP Coordinator with developing advertising to school families; help secure more local businesses to participate in the SCRIP program.
- Social Event Coordinator (APC): Organize events such as Trunk-or-Treat and family game or movie nights.
- Speech Contest Judge: Help Judge a speech contest, no experience necessary. Training will be provided on the day of the contest. Day of contest is 12 December 2020. Hours: varies
- Spring Musical Help: Box office help, promotion, ushers, pass out programs, costume design, coordinate props (several people needed for each task)
- Tutoring Coordinator: Assist school counselor with logging tutoring hours, sit in tutoring room periodically, match tutors with students needing help.
- Uniform Closet Coordinator (APC): Go through donated uniforms, hand and sort inventory, routinely straighten and sort uniforms. Monthly and as needed (including summer).
- NHS Christmas Eve Dinner helper: Assist in preparing, serving and delivering meals to folks who may not otherwise have a meal for Christmas. This event is sponsored by Sacred Heart School’s National Honor Society.