Pastoral Plan Update
Soon, you will receive an e-mail asking about your knowledge of the St Vincent de Paul pastoral plan. We thought this was a good time to remind you of our three goals and what we have worked on under these three goals.
3 Goals of Pastoral Plan
- Assist families raising their children in the faith
- Ensuring financial security for Sacred Heart School
- Offering Financial Assistance so that all families who want their child(ren) to receive a Catholic Education may do so.
- We are in our second year of meeting with families before enrollment to see if we can assist them in their faith life
- Providing a comprehensive PSR program so that all students may be catechized.
- Implementation of the Armor of God program at SHS and last year for one grade in PSR.
- Providing a comprehensive Confirmation program that meets regularly during school months
- Totus Tuus program Summer Program
- Create and maintain a comprehensive youth ministry
- Improve communications
- Website updated weekly with news articles
- Weekly Email with links to information on website
- Printing our own bulletin so that the most up-to-date information can be added prior to the weekend.
- Communication Secretary for the parish includes communications for the school
- Bereavement group reaches out to families for a year after a loved one dies
- Anniversary of Baptism cards for children (and their parents) one year to six years old.
- Birthday and anniversary cards sent out monthly to those over 70 and major anniversaries
- Communication secretary attends both Finance and Pastoral Council meetings to ensure minutes are done in a timely fashion.
- Commission and Council minutes are posted to website