Health Ministry News for May 1 2022
Health Ministry Contacts
• Health Ministry – Bev Wilkerson 660-473-2033
• Bereavement Ministry – Ann Dove 660-527-3794
Take Them a Meal – Marge Wehman 724-448-4482
• Prayer Shawl Ministry – Rectory at 827-2311
• Crochet & Sewing Tuesdays – Carol Schibi 660-620-3795’
Spiritual Wellness Month: Be Content Whatever The Circumstances
Evaluate your own spiritual wellness with this brief quiz.
- Do I make time for relaxation in my day?
- Is there time for meditation and/or prayer?
- Do my values guide my decisions and actions?
- Am I accepting of the views of others?
Start with breathing. It can serve as a break from the increase of stress during your day and help you to get refocused when faced with a difficult situation or project.
- Lie or sit in a comfortable position
- Place your hands, one above and one below your belly button, to help experience the filling and releasing of your entire lung capacity
- Breathe in through your nose
- Breathe in three parts by filling the bottom of your lungs (expand your lower stomach), then the middle, and then the top of your lungs
- Hold for a count of three
- Breathe out in three parts by releasing the top, then the middle and finally the bottom
- Your shoulders should roll slightly forward as you force all of the air from your lungs
- Repeat this process several times a day for 5-10 breaths
- Should you start to feel light-headed from the increase in oxygen to your system, shake your arms and hands vigourously to use up the extra oxygen