Health Ministry News for March 20, 2022
March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month – Fight for MORE!
By 2030, colorectal cancer is expected to be the No. 1 cancer killer for people 20-49 years old. We fight for more this Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month because our current standards are not enough. Let’s be relentless in our pursuit of a cure!
Symptoms – 7 signs to see your doctor
- Rectal Bleeding or blood in the stool
- Changes in your bowel habits such as: black, tarry stools; clay-colored stools; deep red stools or white-colored stools
- Stools that are narrower than usual
- Frequent gas pains, bloating, a feeling of fullness, or abdominal cramps
- Weight loss for an unknown reason
- No symptoms
When should you start screening? Men and women of average risk should start screening at age 45. Ask your doctor if you have risk factors to start screening earlier.
For more information consult https://fightcolorectalcancer.org/