Health Ministry News
Health Ministry Contacts
• Health Ministry – Bev Wilkerson 660-473-2033
• Bereavement Ministry – Ann Dove 660-527-3794
Take Them a Meal – Marge Wehman 724-448-4482
• Prayer Shawl Ministry – Rectory at 827-2311
• Crochet & Sewing Tuesdays – Carol Schibi 660-620-3795
November is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)month!
With COPD, the air sacs no longer bounce back to their original shape, and the airways can become swollen or thicker than normal. Increased mucus production and partially blocked airways make it even harder to get air in and out.
What you can do to live better with COPD
- Quit Smoking If you smoke, Visit smokefree.gov; lung.org; or call 1-800-QUIT NOW for more information.
- Avoid Pollutants. Stay away from lung irritants such as dust, smoke, or smokey spaces.
- Visit your Healthcare Provider. COPD is treatable. Also get your flu shot.
- Get Support. Caregivers, friends and family provide an important support network that can help you stay on track with your treatment and identify symptoms. Listen to them, talk with them.